How to Stay
A social worker or medical personnel, from the hospital where the patient is receiving treatment, must send an initial referral to request a room at RMHC Augusta.
Please note that a request does not guarantee a room is available. Once the referral has been made, processed, and approved, RMHC Augusta will contact you.
Who is eligible?
The families of patients between the ages of 0-21 are eligible for the services provided by RMHC Augusta.
Eligibility is based on:
- Severity of the patient’s condition
- How far the family travels to receive medical treatment
What services are provided?
A private bedroom with a full bath, television, and free Wi-Fi. One room per family is provided.
- Laundry Facilities and supplies
- Family kitchen on 1st floor
- All meals (breakfast & lunch are grab n’ go items, while dinner is a hot meal served buffet-style)
- Breast milk refrigerator on the 2nd floor
- Living room area
- Desktop computers
- Teen Room
- Produce garden
- Passes to the Salvation Army Kroc Center for the gym or pool
- Activity sessions with volunteers, such as arts and crafts, cookie decorating, and more!
What should we bring?
Families may bring clothes, medicine, and any food for a special diet.
Where should we park?
Complimentary parking is offered in the Children’s Hospital of Georgia parking deck p3. See map.
*Please note that failure to park in the deck may result in ticketing. If you are unsure of where the deck is, please pull up to the front door of RMHC Augusta, ring the bell, and a staff member will assist you.