- Group Volunteer
- Student Volunteer Program
- Meal Program
- Sponsor an Event
- Host A Fundraiser
- Friends Of The House
- Pop Tab Recycling
RMHC Augusta has been a "home away from home" for families seeking medical treatment for their sick or injured child for over 32 years. We have helped over 19,000 families, since we opened our doors in 1984.
In 2016, we served 1,203 families.
It's easy to give to RMHC Augusta! You can donate online, drop your spare change in a donation box at McDonald's, donate goods or services, or volunteer your time.
Pop Tab Pandemonium
The little tab you pull to open your soda, soup, or any other aluminum can makes a significant impact on the Ronald McDonald House of Augusta. The House recycles the tabs to generate funds to offset general operating costs. By collecting the tabs you will help care for families who stay at our House each year. This is an easy and fun project for schools, clubs, businesses or other large groups! We even have individuals and families collecting for us! Tabs can be dropped off at our House any day between 9 am and 9 pm. Last year, we made over $1,800 from collecting and recycling pop tabs.
Pop Tab House
We now have a new Pop Tab House stationed beside our front entrance for pop tabs to be conveniently dropped off in. Krishnan Raju decided to help our need for a Pop Tab House for his Eagle Scout Service Project. He worked hard to raise money for materials and recruit help building the House successfully. We now how a Pop Tab House for the first time!! Thank you Krishnan!
Did You Know?
- Pop tabs were invented in 1962 by Ermal Fraze of Dayton, Ohio.
- There are 1267 pop tabs in one pound.
- We collect the tab instead of the can because there is more aluminum in just the tab than in the whole can -- and it takes up much less space!
- The Ronald McDonald House of Augusta receives over 4.6 million pop tabs a year!
A Rising 5th Grader Donates Over 12,000 Pop Tabs for the Augusta House!
- Miss Alexis Hooper, a rising 5th grader, knows how much of an impact collecting pop tabs can have! She received the WRDW News Channel 12 Time to Care Award for collecting over 12,000 tabs for our Augusta House! Thank you and Congratulations, Alexis!
- Click HERE to learn more about Alexis' story!